Alright so I live in Uptown, work in Uptown, and of course eat out in Uptown. Most days I try to be good and just walk home for lunch but some days I have to give in! I mean, I do walk by a ton of great restaurants on a daily basis; I can’t help but be tempted. So here’s a few of my go-to places I stop go to on my lunch break:
- So this place is actually a German chain restaurant that serves Italian food. One of my go-to dishes is their Insalata Greco. I’m Greek and this place has a great spin on the traditional Greek salad. Of course it has the usual feta, tomatoes, olives, and onions but they also add fresh dill and capers and serve it with a thick creamy Greek dressing.
2. The Sandwich Club
- You could go to this place every day for a year and probably never get tired of it! They have so many different sandwich options, like over 30! One of my favorites is their Carolina Crunch Wrap. Chicken, Jack Cheddar, Lettuce, Tortilla Strips, and BBQ Ranch all wrapped up with a spinach tortilla.
3. Vida Vida (Not to be confused with Vida Cantina)
- If you are looking for a cheap and easy lunch this is the place to go! I love popping in and getting a few Red Chile Chicken Tacos. Grilled Chicken, caramelized onions, creamy refried black beans, cheese, pico de gallo and topped with a chipotle crema. Your taste buds and wallet will thank you!
4. Green’s Lunch
- To me this place reminds me of my family. My dad’s uncle used to own a hotdog shop and that is how I was first introduced to the chili dog. Owned by a cute Greek family I can’t help but reminisce about all the times I ate chili dogs with my dad and his Greek family as a child. I always stick with two chili dogs with slaw and mustard and a side of fries.
5. Pure Pizza
- Located right in the middle of the 7th Street Market this little gem is whipping up remarkable pizzas and garlic knots. So far none of the pizzas have ever disappointed and their garlic knots are probably the best in the city. Be sure to get honey though to dip your crust in! Trust me, it’s amazing!
Now there are many, many other great places to eat in Uptown Charlotte. These are just my top 5 favorites that are quick and easy and not too pricey! My husband also prefers if I save the nicer restaurants for after work when I can bring him along. Can you say FOMO?