Hi my name is Katie and I am addicted to Pasta. Pasta is one of those things that I could eat every single day and not get tired of. When Hershel from The Walking Dead mentioned Spaghetti Wednesdays I made it a real thing in my household. Ravioli, Spaghetti, Ziti, Penne, Pesto, Marinara, Alfredo, Butter, I love it all. Chappy on the other hand isn’t convinced. He’ll eat it when I make it, but he will never finish his plate which is obviously a telltale sign of his dislike.
Years ago when we were still dating we were looking up cheap and easy dishes to make and came across a Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. This is by far one of our favorite go-to dishes and I can’t help but be thrilled that it involves Pasta. I can’t even tell you what the recipe was when we started since we have changed it so much over the years. Here is our version.
What you will need:
- 1lb pasta of your choice (we love penne)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 bunch of broccoli chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/4 t Lemon pepper
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t garlic salt
- Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- First bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- While you are waiting for the pot to boil, cut up chicken into 2 inch squares. Season generously with Cajun Seasoning. (This is where the spice level is up to you! Chappy and I love to completely coat each piece and then usually add a few sprinkles to the sauce after as well. We always know we haven’t put enough if our noses are burning- HA.)
- Season boiling pasta water with salt, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium- high heat. Add chicken and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Flip chicken, add sliced vegetables and cover for an additional 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add spices, and then heavy cream. (This is where Chappy and I will sometimes add more Cajun Seasoning.)
- Bring to temperature and toss in Pasta.
- You can garnish with Green Onions and Parmesan but Chappy and I are usually too lazy so we just dig right in!
This recipe is made to serve 4 people but I do not recommend halving it if there are only two of you! Cajun Pasta makes the BEST leftovers! Chappy and I usually get two dinners out of this plus a small lunch for me.
Hope you enjoy!