For Valentine’s Day yesterday, I knew it was time to get sexual! As a new mom who just happened to hit the 6 weeks postpartum mark on Valentine’s Day I decided to pull out the big guns. You know what that meant … 50 Shades of …
Ever heard of it?? It’s a hilarious cookbook that combines parody and yummy chicken recipes. You a check it out HERE for yourself.
As new parents we weren’t quite ready to venture out on the town without our little bean and since we’d been ordering in so often getting takeout didn’t really feel special either. Instead we decided whipping up something from 50 Shades of Chicken was the perfect solution! We made Dripping Thighs and it was delicious!
The dish was the perfect combo of sweet and savory. The roasted thighs were juicy and cooked to perfection (good job Chappy!) and the onions added the perfect punch of salty sweetness. It was such as easy recipe to make and all the ingredients were kitchen staples we already had so we even got to avoid a grocery store trip! We will definitely be adding this to our rotation.
I’ve pasted the recipe below for anyone who wants to give it a try!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry with paper towels
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon plus a pinch of coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper
- In a small saucepan simmer together the onion, wine, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and a pinch of salt until most of the liquid has evaporated, 15-20 minutes. Mix in the honey and butter
- Spoon the mixture over the chicken and toss well. Spread the thighs, onion mixture, and any juices onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink and the onions are melting tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes.