So really you kind of just need two ingredients for these, especially if they’re for your baby. Just sweet potatoes and flour! Now if they’re for you, add a little salt to the mix. We didn’t add any salt to Waylen’s food until he hit the year mark (and really still barely do now.)
- 2.5 c. Flour
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 t. Salt (optional)
- Roast sweet potatoes. I did mine for 50 minutes at 410.
- Once cooled, mash then mix in flour and salt.
- Knead dough until it forms a smooth soft ball. Do not over work. Dough should be pillowy.
- Divide into fourths. (I actually ended up dividing it into 8ths so it was easier to handle.
- Roll dough sections out into long strands about 1/2 in. thick.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and then roll over fork and pinch to create shape
- Cook in bowling water. Once they float they’re done! (Usually about 5 minutes)
I typically immediately make 1/3 of the batch for Waylen and I and then freeze the rest! Also — sorry this batch isn’t the prettiest ha. That’s what happens when you have a one year old running around while you’re making them.
2 thoughts on “3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Gnocchi”
I think I’ll try making these for my daughter for lunch today – thanks!
Great! Let me know if she likes them! 🖤